Work work work... That is really all that I do these days. I had a wonderful LONG weekend... although it was not long enough. I have had a crazy busy week, I can't seem to get anything to work out correctly... needless to say I am just a little stressed. Thank you to Big Bro and Sheil for pointing out my spelling/grammar errors. I can't wait for Chicago this weekend. Although I must admit I am nervous about taking care of Caden all by myself!! SCARY!! Dejim has assured me that I will be fine though... My back wont stop hurting, I have a HUGE and obvious knot on my right side... I can't remember how old I am or what I ate... but I did manage to post about Human trafficking on my bosses blog.... check it out - littledogreport.blogspot.com - I now do the blog, newsletter, and apparently the website... (So sorry if this is all jumble, seems to be how my brain is working.)
OH! I have finally decided on a school..... YES YES!
After much thinking, putting off, denial, guilt, and well a HUGE mix of emotions... I have settled on the LBJ school at UT!
Despite the huge urge I have to leave Texas and just uproot myself, it seems neither practical nor purposeful for what I want to study and what I want to do. I love public policy, I enjoy working with people, and I am very good at all of it....despite my incredible temper... LBJ is a great school, well ranked and well known.... AND... only about $8,000 tuition for a year... How in the world can I pass this up?!?! I just don't want to spend my life working to pay back my loans, and we all know... working in public policy is not where the green is. Carnegie Mellon did offer me money... but still not enough to sway me away from UT. Besides... I am hoping to keep my job ... get my old job back at the lab... still have health insurance... and a super cheap hole to live in!
Thank you to everyone who sat around and listened to me reason about where I wanted to go to school.... I appreciate all your help and opinions!
I have one HB and one HJR in committee tomorrow... STEM CELL DAY in STATE AFFAIRS! It is already shaping up to be a LONG day! Wish me luck! (I am going to wear my pretty suit!) I still need to pack the correct clothing for Chicago, Mommy's food, and Caden's gifts. On top of that I have to prepare any and all bills coming up in Committee next week while I am away... which i will probably not know until Friday! Then I have to prepare talking points for a CPC Press Conference we are hosting on Monday at 10:00 am... and hope that it all works out nicely because I won't be there! Scary Scary! Let's hope I don't have too many bills being heard next week....
NIGHT NIGHT!!
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment